Welcome to Affinity Farm. We look forward to helping you achieve your equestrian goals whether they are showing, trail riding, or exercise. Here are a few guidelines to help us run efficiently:
- Lessons are sold by the month (1 lesson per week). Lesson may be made up within 30 days of the missed date.
- Lessons will begin on time. You are to be tacked up and ready to ride at your designated lesson time. Lessons will not be
held for late riders and will not run over the designated finish time. Please show up in plenty of time to get your horse ready. Beginners will be given instruction in tacking and grooming as part of their lessons until they are able to do these tasks on their own. Parents of smaller children must become familiar with this process so they can assist.
- Wear shoes with a hard sole and small heel. Helmets are available for your use, but we ask that you purchase your own if possible.
- In case of cancellation, please call/e-mail in advance to advise us that you will not be coming. You may schedule a make-up lesson with your instructor. If notice is not given, you will forfeit that lesson. If you do not advise us of cancellations, after two missed lessons your space will be filled.
- You will be notified of any lesson cancellations by e-mail no later than one hour before the lesson is to begin.
- Since horses and horseback riding are inherently dangerous, we ask you and your guests to please follow these basic precautions, for your safety, the horses safety, and for the sake of those around you:
- Follow the rules your instructors at all times.
- Wear shoes with a closed toe when on the property.
- Stay out of the fields unless accompanied by your instructor or if permission has been granted by instructor.
- Do not put your hand up to the mouth of any of the horses.
- No running, jumping or screaming. Horses are easily frightened.
- Do not approach any of the horses except the one you are riding, not all horses are friendly.
- Only the rider may enter the horse’s stall.
- Please do not leave your horse unattended when it is tacked.
- Please keep the aisle way and doorways clear.
- Please clean up after yourself and your horse.
- Please sign and turn in the waiver and medical forms.
- Guests you bring to the farm must also sign a waiver form.
- Group classes for ages 8 and up meet once a week to learn balanced seat english style riding.
- Classes are held weekdays after school and on weekends. Call early and let us know what day you would prefer.
- Semi-private half hour lessons are available for beginning riders.
- Tiny tots leadline group classes are available for riders ages 2-5. Lessons are 1/2 hour long and a parent is required to lead the pony during the lesson.
Adult classes are available.
Practice rides are available to students who would like extra riding time to practice what they learned in their lesson.
Lessons blocks are offered by the month (4 or 5 weeks).
- Private hour $300/month
- Private half-hour $200/month
- Semi-Private hour (2-3) $250/month
- Group hour (4-6) $200/month
- Leadline group half-hour $180/month
Trial and Individual Lessons
- Private Hour $80
- Private Half-hour $55
- Semi-private Hour $70
- Group Hour $55
- Individual $30/hour
- Monthly Practice $100/month for 4 rides
- Evaluations $35
- Trail rides are offered to students who are currently enrolled in our lesson program $50/hour (2 hour minimum. Length dependent on location.)
Lessons are sold by the month (1 lesson a week). Missed lessons may be made up within the month they are purchased.
In case of cancellation, please call, text or email in advance to advise us that you will not be coming. You may schedule a make-up lesson with your instructor. If notice is not given, you will forfeit that lesson. If you do not advise us of cancellations, after two missed lessons your space will be filled.
In case of inclement weather, we will notify you of cancellation by email. Make-up lessons will be scheduled on the next available day
The link below contains all the information in this page, medical form, and waiver.